The words strike fear into the hearts of countless IT professionals that work for the manufacturers of the world. Two, three four or even five days of standing around and talking to people about the products we represent. No…it isn’t the talking that scares people…it’s the standing!
I love trade shows because it gives you a chance to talk to your customers directly without a phone call or a knock on the conference room door getting in the way. To celebrate the large number of shows coming up, I thought I’d mention a few that you might want to check out between now and the New Year.
- Oct 17-19: Web 2.0 Summit in New York City, NY brings together designers, developers, entrepreneurs, marketers, business strategists and VC’s building the next generation Web.
- Oct 19: 2nd Cloud Frontier 2011 in Seoul, Korea will host about 1,000 C-level leaders to discuss cloud computing.
- Oct 24-28 @4pm: Dell is hosting one of the five-day Rackspace Training For OpenStack sessions at our Austin campus (register) starting on October 24th. Other sessions are in Boston (9/26) and London (10/10). Register.
- Oct 25: Dell HPC Solutions workshop: Enabling Discovery with Dell HPC Solutions for customers in Lexington, KY. Register here.
- Oct 26-28: Citrix Synergy 2011, Barcelona, Spain will cover the full scope of virtual computing, from desktops to datacenters, and provide both the vision and practical knowledge needed to take full advantage of this innovative computing model.
- Nov 1: Data Center Dynamics in Dallas, TX addresses the challenges faced by owners and operators of legacy structures in need of upgrading, and new builds required to meet the complex combination of exponential data growth, technology advances, energy efficiency, resilience and security.
- Nov 7-12: Cloud Expo West in Santa Clara, CA will feature 200+ technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty chosen from among the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
- Nov 8-9: Hadoop World in New York City, NY targets practitioners, developers, business executives, industry luminaries and innovative companies in the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Nov 12-18: SC11 in Seattle, WA is focusing on innovating HPC applications and advancing scientific discovery for the local, regional, national and global society.
- Nov 14: Intel Day in the Clouds in India
- Nov 17-18: Linuxcon Brazil at the Expo Center Norte in São Paulo, Brazil will provide a neutral forum where stakeholders from across Brazil can come together with the kernel community and global business communities to advance the platform.
- Nov 29-30: Server Design Summit will bring the latest in designing for next-generation virtualized servers in the cloud computing era.
- Dec 4-8: Gartner Data Center Conference is at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas this year and their Web page has an attendance justification toolkit.
- Dec 4-9: 25th Large Installation System Administration Conference in Boston, MA will take you on a journey of system administration through the years.